1. Say you like the girl’s shoes or something.
2. Then walk away. If she says “Ha!” go and walk back. If not, that means she’s not interested in you or she is not the person who really likes boys.
3. Start a conversation. Ask what she likes or how she is feeling.
4. Tell her what you like.
5. Ask her if she has a boyfriend.
6. If not, ask her what she’s doing Friday or Saturday night.
7. If she’s free, then that’s when you move in. Ask her if you can take her on a date.
8. Take her to a fancy restaurant.
9. Take her to where they have lots of decorations and other fancy things.
10. If you have lots of things in common and she likes you, plan to make reservations for another date.
By Jake, 5th grade
[photo by jeff_engel via flickr]
This poem is featured as part of the 2009 A Poem A Day campaign, a National Poetry Month celebration by WITS that features a different poem by a WITS student every day during April. Click on the logo to the left to learn more.