The Bayouth Collective is a community of young artists (13-19 years old), dedicated to fostering youth-led spaces and initiatives. In this paid program, members of the collective receive artistic and leadership development that prepares them to be leaders in their communities.
Our first cohort over the summer, received close mentorship from Writers in the Schools, spoke with prominent artists from the Houston community, and led creative writing workshops, monthly open mics and more.
Bayouth Collective: 2018-2019 Application »
The Year-Long Program Includes:
- Artistic development through writing mentorship and performance opportunities
- An opportunity to learn how to produce and curate an open mic/poetry slam
- Field trips to local art spaces
- Monetary honorarium
- Deadline to apply is October 31st, 2018
- After reviewing the first round of applicants, Bayouth Mentors will conduct interviews with the finalists. The cohort of 5 will be chosen after the interviews and notified via email.
- The program starts in November 2018 and ends in July 2019
- Applicant must be aged 13 – 19
- Applicant must be willing to dedicate at least 7 hours a month for planning meetings and productions.