5th Annual Houston Arts Partners Conference
The Arts Fuel Innovation
Friday, Sept. 11, 2015 – 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. (Including HAPpy Hour)
Saturday, Sept. 12, 2015 – 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
1001 Bissonet, Houston, TX 77005
1 Day – $45.00 (Pre-registration); $50.00 (Day of event on a space-available basis)
Both Days – $75.00 (Pre-registration); $80.00 (Day of event on a space-available basis)
James Drew, Fort Bend Independent School District
Craig Hauschildt, DA CAMERA chamber music & jazz
The 2015 conference, The Arts Fuel Innovation, examines the relationship between the arts and vital components of tomorrow’s creative economy: creativity, versatility, collaboration, and innovation. Unearthing critical connections among the arts, arts integration, and success in other core and STEM subjects, these diverse, relevant, rigorous presentations led by teachers and teaching artists draw on exemplary partnerships between schools and Houston’s outstanding arts organizations. With these arts-based tools and ongoing partnerships, teachers are equipped to prepare their students for opportunities and challenges still in the making.
- Nationally recognized speakers advocating for arts education and arts integration
- Presentations on how to create partnerships to bring the arts into your classroom, developed by Houston’s outstanding arts organizations and the amazing schools they work with
- Expert-led panel discussions on education trends, arts and education legislation, and how to fund innovative partnerships
- Opportunities to connect with hundreds of colleagues including educators, administrators, principals, non-profit organizations, artists, community members, business leaders, and industry professionals
- An art-filled environment with live performances
WITS will be represented on two panels in this year’s conference and will have a booth on both days.