Register soon for our exciting Fall Writing Festival for Educators on October 11. Seats are going quickly.
This event offers an exciting opportunity to work and write with our professional writers and to learn innovative ways to bring writing into your classroom. You also get TAGT G/T credit and TEA CPE hours! Please feel free to share this with your colleagues and administrators.
Looking for new innovative ways to reinvigorate your school’s literacy plan? Join Writers in the Schools (WITS) Saturday, October 11th, 8:00am – 3:15pm at Houston Baptist University for the 2014 Fall Writing Festival for Educators and learn how you can teach writing from experience. Tuition is $125 and lunch is included.
The conference is specifically for educators, grades K-12 who want to:
- Improve their own writing skills
- Explore new ways of using mentor text
- Support their students’ writing
- Experience the WITS method of teaching
- Attend two workshops
- Work with professional writers
- Gain hands-on writing experiences
- Discuss classroom applications
- Receive 6 hours of TAGT-approved G/T credit and 6 TEA-approved CPE credit hours