WITS is an equal opportunity employer. WITS’ policy prohibits unlawful discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniformed servicemember status, race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law.
WITS is hiring teachers for Creative Writing Camp Summer 2021.
Teachers work in collaboration with a WITS professional writer to develop lesson plans and co-teach students during their summer camp experience.
This camp started in 1990 in collaboration with Rice University’s School Literacy & Culture and stands as a means of providing professional development to teachers who are passionate about teaching writing to young people.
- Plan lessons, co-teach and debrief daily with a professional writer
- Develop and deliver creative writing lessons in a variety of genres
- Integrate arts into lessons
- Provide students with one-on-one feedback
- Plan end of session celebration with students
- Interact directly, one-on-one with a professional writer
- Receive training before and during camp
- Earn 12 hours of Gifted and Talented professional development hours
- Earn 12 hours of TEA-approved CPE professional development hours