Thank you for participating in A Poem a Day with the Writers in the Schools (WITS). We hope that you have enjoyed reading these poems by WITS students during National Poetry Month. If you enjoyed this project, here are some options for staying the the WITS “loop”:
- Please leave comments on your favorite poems on the WITS blog. The students will really appreciate your positive feedback.
- Add the WITS blog to your bookmarks or feed reader.
- If you live in Houston, join us for the Young Writers Reading Series May 12 and 13 at The Menil Collection in Houston.
- Send a kid to summer camp.
- If you live anywhere else, look up a similar program in your area.
- If you’d like to make a donation to keep the Writers in the Schools programs growing and reaching as many Houston-area youth as possible, please click here.
We would like to thank the Houston Arts Alliance, the City of Houston, the Houston Chronicle, the Houston Public Library, and the Texas Commission on the Arts for sponsoring A Poem A Day 2008.
Thank you for celebrating National Poetry Month with WITS. Stay tuned to this blog for more writing from WITS students, writers, and staff.